Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To be over

I finally got done with this huge presentation that I had to give yesterday and it went pretty well! This means that I can finally start grocery shopping again and cooking with a few fresh ingredients instead of whatever I happen to have sitting around already preserved in my pantry. And if you know me, you know that there are few people in the world who are more excited about grocery shopping.

Yesterday, though, I had skipped lunch, so I decided that I was too tired and hungry to go grocery shopping (it's days like these that I end up walking out of Berkeley Bowl with $75 worth of vegetables). Instead, I headed into the city for some comfort food with Jeff. Fresh guacamole from La Oaxaqueña and a turkey mole tamale the size of my head. An entire ice cream sundae (roasted banana, hot fudge, salty peanuts) from Bi-Rite. Then I got a Blood & Sand at NoPA on the way home, which was primarily whiskey and orange juice, and I'm not sure which one of those was supposed to be the blood and which one was supposed to be the sand but it all tasted fine.

If you ever come to visit me in San Francisco, this is also a list of all the places you are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment