Thursday, December 16, 2010

Going for the one

I've been trying to take this picture of fried oatmeal with a poached egg on top for a couple days now and this morning I think that I finally got it:

Awesome, and I have enough leftover oatmeal and eggs to make one for breakfast tomorrow morning. This is one of my favorite breakfasts--kind of a pain to make, but now that it's cold again oatmeal is a welcome addition to any morning.

I also got a pretty great picture of mushroom risotto.


This particular bowl was actually not super delicious because I threw some potatoes, leeks and fennel on top, and all three of these more assertive flavors overwhelmed the delicate flavor of the chanterelles, which I would have discovered had I googled "delicate flavor of chanterelles" before I started cooking.

Still, I think it looks great, and it should prove to be good fodder for my first attempt at arancini tomorrow.

UPDATE:


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment