Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh sweet Mary

The past few days have been a little confusing and a lot busy, and when I'm too busy to go to the store and I'm generally confused about life, this is the kind of dinner I come up with to express my mood:


Tofu and duck confit tacos with pickled green beans and sun gold tomato salsa from my garden. A little bizarre, but probably in the top three tacos of my life. One of the largest drums that I beat says on it in giant block letters TOFU IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEAT; in China they have no problem covering big chunks of tofu with a pork sauce and calling it mapo tofu. I have to admit, even though I am a nigh-fanatical supporter of tofu as a balanced part of any omnivore's diet, I still felt a little guilty sauteing it in rendered duck fat until crispy.

That's another rule of this blog--no accents on French words.

No comments:

Post a Comment